19. You Can Do It!



19. You Can Do It!

History abounds with tales of 'Experts' who were convinced that the Ideas, Plans, and Projects of others would never be achieved. 

However, the concerned persons did. Their accomplishment came, but only to those who said, "I can make it happen!"


My message to you today is… Despite whatever situation may be standing against your academic success today, you can succeed. YOU CAN DO IT!

My Dear Friends, WELCOME to Intervention, an outreach of VISION BUILDERS designed to help undergraduates contact divine intervention for academic victories. Intervention brings you inspirational messages and Study Tips to enable you be your best academically! Through this message, we believe that God is set to bless you by removing every barrier against your academic success and fulfillment.

The Italian sculptor Agostino d'Antonio worked diligently on a large piece of marble. Unable to produce his desired masterpiece, he lamented, "I can do nothing with it." Other sculptors also worked this difficult piece of marble, but to no avail. Michelangelo discovered the stone and visualized the possibilities in it. His "I-can-make-it-happen" attitude resulted in one of the world's masterpieces - David.

Many centuries ago, long before Agostino d'Antonio and Michelangelo achieved great feats, it happened that, “…When the words which David spoke were heard, they reported them to Saul; and he sent for him. Then David said to Saul, "Let no man's heart fail because of him; your servant will go and fight with this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "You are not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him; for you are a youth, and he a man of war from his youth." But David said to Saul, "Your servant used to keep his father's sheep, and when a lion or a bear came and took a lamb out of the flock, I went out after it and struck it, and delivered the lamb from its mouth; and when it arose against me, I caught it by its beard, and struck and killed it. Your servant has killed both lion and bear; and this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, seeing he has defied the armies of the living God.” “Moreover,” David said, "The Lord, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." 1 Sam 17:31-37

I believe you would have heard about the great Thomas Edison, the inventor of the incandescent light bulb. He is renowned for his relentless attitude during his work after so many failed attempts. In a sense he became an expert in making something happen.

But it is said that Edison, discouraged his friend, Henry Ford, from pursuing his fledgling idea of a motorcar. He was so convinced that Henry Ford’s idea was worthless that he even invited Ford to come and work for him. But Ford remained committed to his goals and tirelessly pursued his dream. Although his first attempt resulted in a vehicle without reverse gear, Henry Ford knew he could make it happen. And, of course, he did.

As you read above, the young David ignored the discouraging opinions of the ‘war experts’ of his day. With the ‘I-can-do’ attitude of a possibility thinker, despite his age, size and inexperience at war, he relied on the God he knew. He also understood the simple tools he was used to … A Sling and pebbles.

And they proved more than sufficient to tackle the giant and gain a resounding victory!

Like David, it is time to ignore the discouraging opinions of acclaimed experts. Move on to defeat your giants and achieve your set goals. Only believe in God’s word and you too will win. You will face challenges and problems of varying degrees, but don’t give up because you will win. The first flight of the Wright brothers lasted only a few minutes, but airplanes are flying today because they did not give up after the first attempt. Stay focused on your goals.

Don’t compromise on your good habits, stay focused on your academic goals and whatever happens know that God will come through for you. You can succeed. You can make it!

Before I sign off, I want to give you an opportunity to start a very personal relationship with God today. Pray this simple prayer in faith right now: Heavenly Father I ask you to please come into my life today. I believe that your son Jesus Christ died for my sins and rose from the dead. Forgive all my sins today and make me your child. Fill me with your Holy Spirit right now and bring stability into my academics and life. Thank you for coming. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer with me then know that you have begun a relationship with God. He has come into your life and will begin working in your life and academics. Please send me a message @ buildyourvisions@gmail.com or an SMS to +234 817 2239 319 to tell me that you just started a relationship with God. Remember to include your mobile number and email address. I would like to keep praying for you.

Continue to expect the best from yourself and continue to maintain a great attitude regardless whatever happens.

I’ll be glad to hear from you. Kindly send your testimonies, questions and prayer requests as responses on this blog. If you’d like your friends, class mates and room-mates to be helped by Intervention messages and Study Tips, kindly share this message with them.

Thank you for joining me. I remain your host Tope Banjo and this is Intervention. God bless you mightily!

You will succeed. You will make it!

Contact:

Tel: +234 817 2239 319, Lagos-Nigeria.

……………..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3. Turning Your Stumbling Blocks Into Stepping Stones

Daniel’s Success Secrets 3: The Finale

25. How To Increase Your Study Skills